Friday, January 30

Stuck on Me

I'm running against a bit of a wall, trying to get some breakthrough in idea generation. Mostly it's a wall of my own construction: I haven't tried hard enough and thinking what doesn't come easily isn't worth it, at least not yet. This is false! And since when has any really good idea that needed no editing or reevaluating just popped right into your head without any work/preparation/effort?
Not to say work/preparation/effort are at 0% at all. No, I'd say they're at 74-76.5% out of 100%. But you know, you just stop after the ideas trickle and cease and you just want to sit around for days instead of actually working? Maybe you'll toss the problem a couple minutes of thought but nothing too concentrated-even though the deadline looms agonizingly close and huge! What's up with this habit of work? Is it common? It certainly isn't welcome.

But check out this Russian and Brazilian graffiti I found recently as part of my researches! I loved it. And to imagine living near this just makes me smile. Enjoy work I certainly didn't do but respect! Civil disobedience can be so rewarding sometimes.



isn't it wonderful how Pemuky (the artist) used the moss and cracks and local foliage to make this work so integrated into its surrounding?!!

Check out more at this fantastic archive: www.graffiti.org

No comments:

IDENTITY

Let me tell you about myself in an attempt for you to know me better. In an attempt to pull back the curtains and look inside my being to k...