Tuesday, April 24

The Moment This Didn't Become a Pity Party

The moment I realized that I'm not that guy, that I'm not a cultural rebel or a critically-acclaimed anything or even a person that knows what the hell he's going to do next year or even tomorrow. That silence does terrify me and that the flimsy whims I build of straw always fall down.

That I can sing but that I am afraid to share it - I don't like the way my mouth looks. That when I want to break and shatter and take on weight I am treated lightly - I don't like the way my name sounds. That try as I might I am myself through and through - I don't like the way that that isn't enough.

I am enough. Because He is enough. I don't like the way that that sounds trite; but i like the way that that is true.

No comments:

IDENTITY

Let me tell you about myself in an attempt for you to know me better. In an attempt to pull back the curtains and look inside my being to k...