Thursday, March 20

The Virtuoso In All Of Us?

I had the privelage of attending a cello recital recently of a friend of mine. To be honest, I was quite blown away! I was extremely impressed by his talent, but more than that, his passion moved me. It's one thing to be talented, but eventually, in my opinion, we all get over the fact that you hit the notes well or you never miss a beat or what have you-but passion is the key component for virtuosity. To be a virtuoso, not just in an instrument, you must have passion for what it is you're doing! If you don't have that fire behind it, it's just lacking and I think people can tell the difference.



But my friend has passion and talent. Though he is still a student, I consider a virtuoso of the cello. A virtuoso-in-training, I suppose. And that's inspiring! Seeing anyone doing that thing about which they have virtuosity is inspiring! Sitting in the audience, I was inspired! His passion and performance made me think about my own passions, it made me have a reignited fire to go and write poems, plays, to go create something. I love that about passionate inspiration-it is sort of this primal force that drives humans to create new things, even if the passion comes from a source not related to the reciever's own passions, as in my case (I'm not a cellist). And my desire for this creative passion is voracious-it's important to be fed with it. I need to consume sources of passion! We all need a little inspiration now and again.

No comments:

IDENTITY

Let me tell you about myself in an attempt for you to know me better. In an attempt to pull back the curtains and look inside my being to k...