Monday, April 7

Kreative Kats

Yeah..I went the way of Kwik Kopy with the title of this post...but it fits what I'm talking about.

I'm sure many people have heard of this already-but I'm not new to it either. It's a current internet trend for all you people in the dark out there-you take pictures of cats and add (hopefully) hilarious captions spelled childishly wrong. It sounds simple but it really isn't quite so.

It all started way back with this picture below: This picture started a huge trend all over internet meme sites like "You're the Man Now Dog".com and the like as well as spawning two major archives of daily updated images inspired by the original:

Icanhascheezburger.com and lolcats.com

Go and check them out if you're not aquainted with this trend. Sometimes the dividends are hilarious! and sometimes they are simply lame. However, I have sympathy for the creativity of these pictures! I mean, it's not easy to look at a picture of a cat and come up with such a funny and effective caption that perfectly fits that picture. I tried myself and my results were poor. It reminded me of the job of the copywriter who must sit and type and try out words and phrases until he has just the write combination. It's not an easy task at all! Granted sometimes cats are embellished a bit with photoshop, which I think cheapens the effect. The talent is not in the photo-editing technique but in how perfectly the caption fits! Even if you don't find these pictures funny (you must have no sense of humor at all) you still have to see the clever factor of the best of these photos. And when one hits the nail on the head, the result is just plain funny. Here are some of my favorites:

enjoy them and find your own favorites! Or try and make your own! It's not as easy as it looks.





No comments:

IDENTITY

Let me tell you about myself in an attempt for you to know me better. In an attempt to pull back the curtains and look inside my being to k...