Friday, May 2

Bracelets, Anyone?

It's amazing how inspiring a small project can be for us-like a small craft project, I mean.

A while back I found this scrap of teal blue jacket fabric from someone's trenchcoat. I saw it and immediately thought of it as a bracelet! Over the next few days when I had free time I'd run to the costume shop for maybe 10 minutes and stitch what I could. I did some basic embroidery all up the fabric, made it functional with snaps. The embroidery starts at a deep orange and ends at white, sort of like a sunset, and the scale is flanked on both sides by a nice cobalt blue.

I really enjoyed making this project, actually. It was almost a special favor to myself or something, getting to do it. Of course I'm grateful to the costume shop, but for my own edifiaction, I suppose, I really enjoyed the project. It keeps me fresh and thinking to have a small creative challenge like that one.

No comments:

IDENTITY

Let me tell you about myself in an attempt for you to know me better. In an attempt to pull back the curtains and look inside my being to k...