Friday, May 2

Lock-Ins are for teenagers

The other night the executive board of a Meadows recruitment organization I belong to got together for a lock-in! Yeah-one of those lock-ins kids have where they stay up all night eating Oreas and playing Jenga or something. But we stayed up (most of the night) brainstorming and learning about recruitment, being on a mock student panel, and honing our question-response skills for prospective students (and parents). We also threw in some food and gaming and a movie, but us all being old college people, we had to go to bed at 4. We got up at 6 and went to Ihop where we held our final work session and made some really good plans for our next year. And that was that.

I was impressed with the idea, I guess. It was a creative thing to bring us all to a lock-in sort of like a work-reward thing. The lock-in is fun but in the fun work is also required. But the work is rewarded by more of the lock-in. I guess the incentive value makes it work, because we generated some really good ideas. There was synergy just shooting all around and the structure of our evening was very conducive to creative thought and teamwork. The whole event was a creative rethink of the old model for 14-year-olds, I'd say.

1 comment:

Ben said...

synergy, haha - yes.

IDENTITY

Let me tell you about myself in an attempt for you to know me better. In an attempt to pull back the curtains and look inside my being to k...