Friday, February 15

The Childish Things

I found this video delightful, for one thing. It really harkens back to an element of childhood whimsy we all feel but usually cover up with our older, "wiser" sensibilities. I realize this can be said of many things, but I found this little snippet very enjoyable.

That's what we need to do sometimes, especially in advertising: we need to go back into that part of our imagination that believes two pairs of scissors really can fall in love with eachother, you know? The part that delights in sliding down a stairway banister or jumping in a puddle. I always watch advertising geared toward children (an already delicate area since they are so impressionable) and wonder what types of people have the creativity to appeal to children, to think like them to some degree.

So that's what it takes then-to approach life with the heart of a child but with the mind of an adult? That might be one way. Certainly that opens us to up to the more creative impulses we have. If we allow ourselves to overflow with childish exuberance and imagination, then the best creative ideas have a chance to flow and our adult minds can narrow those ideas down! This video certainly helps me open up and just let those silly, whimsical things fall out of my head.



No comments:

IDENTITY

Let me tell you about myself in an attempt for you to know me better. In an attempt to pull back the curtains and look inside my being to k...