Tuesday, February 5

Life as a Drawing?

The other day in costume class we were discussing the importance of the skill of drawing. Naturally, in my mind I harkened back to Gregory's Creative License. I remembered the emphasis he placed on looking at the world through a new set of eyes, paying attention in a new way to our environments.

So I did it! I was in the mens' dressing room at the time and so I began to observe the room with a new eye of detail. Pieceing together the room together like a veritable quilt of drawings, I observed each angle, shadow, light saturation pattern. Each one, like a single plane in a cubist work by Picasso, was an individual perspective of the room. Every square inch, then, was its own perspective, its own drawing!
Suddenly my eyes were appreciating every intricate piece of my world as a vital part of my enviroment's collective art work.

No comments:

IDENTITY

Let me tell you about myself in an attempt for you to know me better. In an attempt to pull back the curtains and look inside my being to k...