Wednesday, February 6

Driving with Jon- Pt. 2

Mornings are a different time for Jon and I's commute to the theatre; usually they are a silent time.


With the air of nameless business drones heading out to their daily grind we climb up the highway, eyes gazing unflinchingly forward. Words don't seem necessary.


My favorite part of the drive, especially the morning, is a certain curve where 75 north exits onto a high bridge curving west onto 635. At the crest of the turn we are always greeted by the horizon laying stretched out before us with the sky's expanse of buildings, clouds, and sun.

The sight of it always puts me into perspective: My problems are no longer
insurmountable, my worries transient, my fears cowards. My God is bigger
than those things.

That's what I think every time we make that curve. And then we plunge back to the surface and the day is begun.

No comments:

IDENTITY

Let me tell you about myself in an attempt for you to know me better. In an attempt to pull back the curtains and look inside my being to k...