Tuesday, February 5

Rain-Feelings



Today there was an absolute downpour of rain!
First of all, I love rain and I realized as it coldly soaked through my shoes how much I rather missed the feeling of it! Do you ever do that? Realize that you haven't felt something so natural and simple in a long time?


Like grass: the other day I was walking to class and I realized that my feet hadn't felt grass in a long time! So long that I couldn't determine when I had last gone barefoot. As a hater of shoes anyway, I was taken aback and immediately removed my sandles. I stood in a cool swatch of grass and enjoyed the luxurious blades engulfing my feet with their dewy fingers. And then I went to class-I didn't want to be late.


So back to the rain with this grass story in mind. It was raining and I remembered a video I had watched about a British advertiser/father recalling when his son introduced him to the concept of opening your mouth and feeling the rain fall onto your tongue. Upon thinking of the video, I too felt like that father: I hadn't felt rain on my tongue in ages! So I opened my mouth wide toward the grey sky and several large drops splashed onto my tongue and tickled the roof of my mouth. It was wonderfully refreshing and I felt the glee of a child enamored with the wonder of life we so often forget in our scheduled, oppressive lives.


Don't forget the feel of grass on your feet! Or the squish of mud between your fingers! Touch it, feel it, experience the earth.

No comments:

IDENTITY

Let me tell you about myself in an attempt for you to know me better. In an attempt to pull back the curtains and look inside my being to k...